Step by Step Insurance Process:
1) Contact Your Insurance Company and File Your Claim:
Call the toll free number located on your homeowner’s policy or your agent to file a claim.
2) Schedule an appointment with the Insurance Adjuster:
The insurance adjuster will normally call you to schedule a time to evaluate the reported damages. Schedule an appointment time that is convenient for the adjuster and we will try to work around our schedule to accommodate the appointment. Please accept the following times: Monday – Saturday between 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Write down the name and number of the adjuster so we can call them to reschedule if there are any scheduling conflicts.
3) Meeting with the Adjuster:
USA roofing will meet with the insurance adjuster for the inspection and together will evaluate the damages. We will also discuss the scope of work and details pertaining to the damage.
4) If approved, within the next few days, you should receive a scope of loss/statement and the 1st check. Please make a copy of the statement for USA Roofing.
- Call USA Roofing once you receive the check and insurance statement scope of work to schedule an appointment to complete the work order for your new roof design, including shingles, colors and any upgrades or additional work. If the check is over a certain amount the insurance company will add your mortgage company on the check and you will need to send the check to them to have it endorsed.
- The insurance company uses there own estimating system and will pay the fair market price to complete the repairs. We will review the insurance statement with the estimated pricing and scope of work and if there are any discrepancies we will contact the insurance company to have the estimate corrected and send any supplemental and documentation needed. We do not provide an estimate unless the insurance company request one from us.
- The only out-of-pocket expense to the homeowner is the insurance deductible and any upgrades or additional work. We will work with the insurance company on all other cost of repairs. We can not waive any deductible on a homeowner claim as that is considered insurance fraud by law.
We use quality materials on our roof systems and provide a warranty on all of our workmanship.
5) Upon completion of the work we will send a final invoice to the insurance company.
We will send a final invoice to the insurance company including the total charges for all of the work that we have performed and any supplemental that not paid on the original scope of work. You should receive the final payment from the insurance company within 7-10 days from the time we invoice them. Once you receive the final check call us to schedule a time to finalize the job.