Questions to Ask a Gutter Contractor
For nearly 20 years, USA Gutter Company has helped property owners in Central and North Alabama with their gutter needs. Throughout the years, we have seen too many homeowners taken advantage of by gutter companies performing bad practices. From storm chasing companies who aren’t local, companies who cut corners to limit costs, companies who don’t have insurance, or companies who haven’t been around for a minimum of 5 years, these are the types of gutter companies we, along with the experts, recommend staying away from.
Before choosing any gutter contractors in Alabama, we strongly advise all property owners to do their research and consider these 20 questions to ask any gutter company before they are hired. Like we’ve stated, we hear too often homeowners being taken advantage of by non-reputable gutter companies. Because of this concern, we have put together this list of questions to ask a gutter contractor before doing business with them. If you would like to download this printable version of this questions checklist, click here.
Questions to Ask Your Gutter Contractor
- Are you licensed, bonded, and insured? If so, may I have a copy?
- What is your legal business name and address?
- How long have you been in business?
- Are you an accredited business with the BBB? If so, may I have a link to your BBB profile?
- Is your business local?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- Do you offer any financing?
- Why do you think my gutters or gutter guards need to be replaced?
- Do you provide a written estimate that details the work to be performed?
- Will you provide me with pictures as to what is damaged on my gutters and what needs to be fixed? If so, how will I receive these images?
- What gutter manufacturers do you use and are you certified with them? If so, can you show me your certifications?
- What does your workmanship warranty cover and for how long? Will you provide me a copy of that?
- When would you be able to schedule my job?
- How long will my job take to complete?
- Who will be, if anyone, on site during the gutter project? If so, may I have their name and number?
- How quickly can you react and what would you do in the event of inclement weather?
- What steps do you take to ensure the safety of my property, family, and your workers?
- What time will the crew arrive and what time do they leave if the job takes more than one day?
- When will the materials needed for the job be delivered?
- Are you responsible for any clean-up or damages that may occur while the work is being done?